Monday, October 18, 2010

Cancelled classes...

After a period of few weeks organizing some important events, cut in between with days with my daughter who is often sick lately and suffering with teething (she's having 4 new molars one after the other, which is  comes mostly with successive colds) and live those events I was preparing (which were a great success), I had to follow a three-day workshop at NAD Center, given by Scott Eaton on traditional artistic anatomy for digital artists. (For those interested, the description of the workshop is here ; Read more about Scott Eaton here).


So the same workshop described in this article was to take place again from October 18th to 21st, but it has unfortunately been postponed. On the monetary and vitality side of view, this is relatively a good thing... It seems to be my turn to get sick and I'm really slammed from my last three weeks of organizations and events...

But on the other hand, I was really looking forward to this training. I've heard about the first time in March, when Mr. Eaton came to Montreal and I was already looking forward to follow it (but back then, I was still working and I was far from being ready to get any 3D training)! When I've learned he was going to be back in Montreal, I immediately registered...  but I've learned last week that the workshop was postponed to an unknown date.

Anyway, it is not that serious and there surely will be other opportunities. The course is only postponed. And with any luck, maybe I could follow the formation of ZBrush before his return, which would be to my advantage!

When I was inscribing, I asked if the knowledge of ZBrush is a prerequisite to this workshop... because, I already opened the software, I played around with it, but nothing more! I haven't done anything concrete with this software and I'm really not comfortable with it yet... I was told that it might be a little difficult to follow the practical part of the course, but once in the course of ZBrush, I would have a head start... I think it's a little like doing things on the wrong way around... like... you pay for a course to learn: if we lack some basic, you'll miss the details! No?

Anyway, it's okay! Now I will heal my cold, rest and have a chance to catch up in ZBrush for next time! ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment