Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Another project?

Well, during the week-end, I took a decision for the 3D. I'll now switch to ZBrush tutorials, and push futher my "organic" modeling.

I also have a little "confidence" for you... About two weeks ago, I did one of those dream that sometimes inspire me. When I woke up, the story of that dream was interrupted, but I've tried to tell myself the part of the story missing... It became almost an obsession! The story has grown, and grown... and later, I was able to sew it up to an old and incomplete idea that I was keeping in back-up in a corner of my memory... When I mentioned that I have 4-5 writing projects in mind, this "old idea" is one of them.

Although I'm glad that this project develops, I'm also a bit discouraged... It seams that I have a hard time staying focused on one project at a time, which must be one of the reasons why I have trouble finishing anything (I have too many ideas and I wish I could do all at the same time). I'm trying to lay my ideas down on paper in the order they are coming, so I don't forget them, but now, I'm working on two projects at the same time, which is not working very well. I need to focus, to channel my energy on one or the other... I really feel divided in between; I don't know which one to pick...

This new idea is a shorter story; it could hold in one or two books, while the series I'm talking about since February, the first tome will have 4 or 5 books... without mentioning that the second tome would probably have as many, maybe more... More than once, I've been advised to start with shorter projects, to forge myself some experience, because I'm not at the level to write long series yet. Anyway, I'm not sure what I'll do...

To avoid mixing things, the series project that I'm talking about since February, is a Fantasy. The new and shorter project, it's a Science-Fiction or a Science-Fantasy, like some say; which would be more accurate. ^_^  I'll keep you updated...

No comments:

Post a Comment